Saturday 14 April 2012

aestlight

I finished this shawl a while ago, and it's already with ts owner (hallo mum!), who likes it quite a lot, or so it seems. I'm very happy with it.

DSC_0107

It took a long time to finish as I left it aside at a certain point, I don't even know why, but sometimes ago I decided to finish. The pattern is Aestlight from Gudrun Johnson, it is the first shwl I knit with a knitted border. It is a nice pattern to knit, not boring and with lots of changes.

DSC_0104

The wool is Wollmeise (sent by me by the lovely Paola  in color "Olive oil" and that was the first time I used it. It's a very dry yarn, but with a beautiful touch. I used it to the last bit, and cast off with the no yarn cast off method using a crochet hook.

DSC_0098

The blocking was amasing: the shawl bloomed and became gigantic! How nice is that?

DSC_0096

No comments: