Thursday 28 May 2009

old hats

When I started knitting, I bought good quantities of yarn (this has become, with time, a problem: I love yarn, and my stash has grown quite a bit!).
Anyhow, after the first scarf I discovered hats, and that was real love!
I always knit different hats, with variosu new things everytime: sideways vs in the round construction, in one or more pieces, with different textures and stitches. 
So it happens that I might knit different hast with the same wool, with cotrasting results:

IMG_2680c

This one, from the book folk hats, was ne of the first I made. It didn't come out as  expected, still I learned how to pick up stitches. It was foloed by this, by the great Elisabeth Zimmermann

IMG_2599c
Snail hat by Elisabeth Zimmermann

and then by this

IMG_2612c

Pointy hat, made decreasing every third or fourth round, so it gets pointy.

No comments: