While we were on holidays I decided to continue my project of finishing things, and worked quite a bit on something I started in January. It is coming out nicely, but needs some concentration and some time to be knitted. It was great to have both and to progress, I now would like to be able to work on this seriously.
Of course, the return home made me realise there is not much time for concentrating. So I did something to preceed with my project: I finally frogged a baby jumper that was lying there since ages... And immediately used the wool for hats. And so, ladies and gentlemen, last weekend I finished three hats.
First, a whollywormhead pattern, Tubey, from her Wee Wolly Toppers book. As always it is a great patern, designed for babyes, but I simply knitted it on 72 stitches on 5.5mm needles, and it fits perfectly.
I will definitely make other patterns from this book!
After finishing Tubey I had some leftovers, not enough for a whole hat, but wanted to finish them (the baby cardigan was made of two colours, this is the first, and hats from the second will be produced in the near future!). So I visited my stash, and found a small ball of a red superbulky dating from the stone age, and decided to couple the two togghether. This is the result, knitted from the top down, on 5.5 mm needles. I purled the first and last colour change, and decided to keep the rest in stockinette. I'm quite pleased with this hat, it got a cloche shape due to the difference in yarn dimension, but I actually like it!
Firnally, I present you with a hat knitted with Manos del Uruguay, which I purchased ages ago at "Un filo di", and never used. Well, it was nice to use it, and I love the colors!
Again a no pattern hat, knitted from the top down, with 5.5 mm needles, increasing 6 times every other round and stopping to increase at 72 stitches. The brim is in garter stitch (k one round, p one round), and I love it!
All in all quite a productive weekend, I dare say.