Wednesday 5 October 2011

Corner View ~ last thing I learnt

I have decided to join a wonderful group of ladies, organised by Francesca, I discovered sometimes ago.
Usually I'm too disorganised to do such things timely, but I decided to "break the ice" tonight.

IMG_6393

One of the things I've learnt lately is to keep a diary. It is a sort of "artsy" thing, or at least I'm rediscovering the joys of using watercolor, scissors and glue, and also put in it some of my photos. More than a diary I would call it a thought-book. I find that writing something everyday helps me a lot to be rooted in the moment, and to clarify my ideas. And it is useful to jot down all the ideas and todo lists and things I want to remember in one place.
I have been doing it for a month, I hope it has become an habit. Learning to express myself freely is a great thing!

IMG_7266

9 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Very true. I hope you keep up your journal.

Ravelings said...

I think I have a closet full of journals that I started and then stopped writing after two days. I hope you keep it up. They will be a wonderful memory to look back on.

nadine paduart said...

you have done good, sista! ;)))
'been keeping one since the age of fifteen (many decades ago) and still going strong. sometimes i do wonder, what to do with all of these ramblings? but someone once upon pointed out to me, they keep you sane.
oh well, then! haha ha...
n♥

Bonnie said...

i haven't kept a diary in years ! great idea ! and welcome to corner view !

http://bonnie-simple-beauty.blogspot.com/2011/10/cornver-view-last-thing-i-learnt.html

Li + Belle said...

I have tried so often to keep a diary and failed each time. I kept hearing at some point, without leading to the diary to end.

Sophie said...

That's a great resolution. Don't put too much pressure on you and let the words and creative work flow! Enjoy...

Dorte said...

I have never kept one, but I think it is a good thing to do :)

Francesca said...

I'm glad you decided to join (you'd already added you to Corner to Corner). This year I started writing down one thought per day, and I really enjoyed the little ritual, but then somehow didn't keep it up. Will go back to it tonight! :)

Redeker said...

nice to keep a diary like that!
and welcome to CV!