Friday 11 November 2011

Grandfather and grandson scarves

one yer ago, P. grandson asked me to knit him a green scarf. "I want it very green, sort of dragon-green like". As soon as I received this nice demand, I started hunting for dragon-green wool, and finally found a 500 gr packet at the market. Granfather was happy too, and siggested he would have liked to have a matching scarf too. How was it possible to refuse?

IMG_7491

here we are few months later, with two matching scarves for them!

They are indeed super simple scarves, this boucle yarn was a bit messy to knit, so I decided to just make very simple scarves. I cast on 22 and 33 stitches, and simply knitted away until I had used all the wool.

IMG_7492

The color in the photos is a bit off (well try to get green on red!) but the result is pleasant. The scarves are soft, P. is liking his, and little F. will receive his scarf soon!

IMG_7487

As you can see they have the same length and just differ for width! Hopefully I'll be able to have a proper shot of them toghether each wearing his scarf.

IMG_7493

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the "dragon-green" color! :)