Wednesday 3 June 2009

cooking

Lately I have decided that I shuld try to improve our diet, and try to cook something new. I spend little time at home, so cooking is always a fast business, thus being done on the automatic gear. I often prepare the same things, using the same ingredients.

Anyhow, this is a project I will resume soon: we are now leaving for a month, going to Australia for work and a small holiday, so the present challange is to empty the fridge and leave the house in a good state until our return.

Cooking is now a matter of recycling at the best all the leftovers in the fridge. 
And this is why this "cake" was born, I prepared a thick "bechamelle", then incorporated a lot of cheese, some bacon and diced tomatoes, and finally three eggs. I cooked it in the oven at 180°C for about 40 minutes. 

It is quite good, and I have almost emptied my fridge!

IMG_0476

No comments: