Tuesday 2 November 2010

rainy weekend recipe

Three days at home with a bad cold and pouring rain…. What should a poor girl do in these conditions, besides trying to add rows to never ending projects?
In order to remain sane, there is only one therapy: a HAT!

IMG_0495

So here it is, I love it, I had always wanted to try this pattern, and now I’m hooked, I will make many more!!!

IMG_0502

It's Thorpe, by Kirsten Kapur, a free pattern on ravelry. I have added a pompom, and have made the crocheted border using the same wool of the hat (as per request of the owner).

IMG_0490

The wool is a left-over from unknown market wool, I used 5 mm needles, so made the large size to fit a medium head. And it was a big success, it has already disappeared and it's put to good use.

IMG_0493

Luckly I could take some pictures before it was taken away!

IMG_0468

Definitely an experience to be repeated soon!

3 comments:

Kasia said...

It's beautiful. And the color is just dreamy... Wonderful work!

Francesca Marano said...

Bello!!!

Kim said...

that is a great hat (among many great hats!)